Friday 20 February 2009

What am I doing?

So this is my first ever blog posting.

I thought I'd pop down a few thoughts on why I've decided to do a blog when I don't really know what I'm doing!

  • I've been looking at a few of the other genealogy blogs on the web and found them really interesting. Also, I've picked up a few hints and tips - especially about how to organise your research.
  • I've not found many blogs relating to UK and Ireland history so that I'm hoping to find a few along the way.
  • A blog seems like a good place to try and organise your thoughts (or "wibbles") on a particular subject and that's what this blog is all about.
  • It seems like a good place to share what I've found with other members of my family without having to work out how to set up a whole website. I'm not sure how this will work out but worth a try.
  • I might be able to get in touch with other people who can help me with my "brick walls" (currently in Northern Ireland where it's difficult to get too far back but more about that on another day).

So, off to work out what to add next.

If you've got any hints, tips, links, ideas then leave a comment and let me know.

1 comment: