Sunday 4 September 2011

September Update

I'm starting a Pharos course this week about organising - it's only 3 weeks long but I'm looking forward to it. I thought I would try a short course first to see how it all works and if it will fit in with our hectic family life. It is all online and has a forum and a weekly chat session. This course appealed to me as I'm hoping it will provide me with some useful tools for both my one name study and my own research.

I received the FlatCapsandBonnets CD promptly after ordering it and it was good -lots of searchable pdf's of books. I would recommend taking a look and for less than £5 it does provide a useful resource.

My father-in-law scanned in some old photos from his collection. So now I have some cool old photos of my husband's Gt Grandfather's (Charles William TILLIN) wedding. There is a family story that his Gt Grandmother (Ada Mary HERON) was jewish but I don't have any proof of this. All of the family were baptised in the local parish churches so I'm not sure if this will turn out to be a bit of a family myth.

Here are the happy couple surrounded by friends and family in 1917 in Streatham.





No comments:

Post a Comment